CMC reflection - Sabariah
12:11 AM | Author: Four Romanticists
Behind the CMC assignment of mine, there is a lot of hard work, tiredness, headaches, and some sleepless nights in finishing it. Although I did not do it on the last minute, but the pressure is still intense especially during the last week of submission, as there was still other assignments to be done on that week.

Consulting Dr. Rozina was challenging as she was always busy and one had to wait for a long time to see her. Me, myself had went to her office for a week to get her to see my draft of the assignment and to ask some questions regarding it, but, I end up meeting her secretary everyday saying she was busy and asked me to wait. However, on the second week, at last, I got to meet her with some of my other section friends.

Nevertheless, despite the difficulty of seeing her, I find my consultation with her worth it, as I got to asked many things regarding my article and the chat transcript. At times, cracking jokes with her during the meeting also was good in breaking my nerves and cooling Dr. Rozina and to get her to be in good mood. Indeed, she helped me a lot on that day, especially on my chat analysis.

Then, on the day of submission, that fateful Friday, I got to know that we had to give a softcopy in a CD when I went to print my assignment. I thought we had to post it only on blog, and CD was not needed. So, I rushed to buy a new CD and went to burn the data in HS computer lab. It was so tense as I got class on that day, and I was running late. Moreover, I also had to submit another assignment during that class. At last, at about 10.45 a.m., I went to submit my assignment at Dr. Rozina’s office, and it was like a freedom as I had successfully completed one of the many assignments still on list to be done.

However, despite the difficulty, it was a new sort of experience for me behind the CMC assignment. It was challenging in searching for the right article and the chatting transcript (the challenging of all) as it requires more than two chatters. I learnt a lot analysing both the papers, especially when it reminds me of Research Methodology and Discourse Analysis class that I took on those days, and some of the forgotten knowledge of both subjects, but somehow by doing this assignment, I managed to bring the knowledge back into mind in order to analyse the article and the transcript.
|
This entry was posted on 12:11 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: